Xiaoliang Wang Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science and Technology
XianLin Campus, Nanjing University
No.163 XianLin Avenue Jiang Su, Nanjing 210023, China
Office: CS 517
E-mail: waxili (at) nju edu cn
Wang received his Ph.D degree from Graduate School of Information Sciences, Tohoku University, Japan. In October of 2010, I joined the Department of Computer Science& Technology, Nanjing University as an Assistant Professor. In 2014-2015, I jointed Microsoft Research Asia as a Visiting Researcher. Now I am an Associate Professor in Distributed Computing Group, Nanjing Unviersity
.: Research Interests
Network System Design.
(build high performance distributed system to improve the performance of deployed services and applications)
I also have a personal interest in Human-Computer Interaction.
(apply domain knowledge (signal, network, system) and data mining methodology to improve the user experience)
.: Selected Publications
Network System Design
- Xiaoliang Wang, Xiaohong Jiang and Achille Pattavina, Constructing N-to-N Shared Optical Queue with Switches and Fiber Delay Lines,IEEE Transactions on Information Theory,58(6): 3836-3842 (2012).
- Xiaoliang Wang, Jiang, Xiaohong; Pattavina, Achille Efficient Designs of Optical LIFO Buffer with Switches and Fiber Delay Lines, IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol.59, no.12, pp.3430-3439, December 2011.
- Xiaoliang Wang, X. Jiang, A. Pattavina and S. Horiguchi, A Construction of 1-to-2 Shared Optical Buffer Queue with Switched Delay lines, IEEE Transaction on Communications. Vol. 57, no. 12, Dec, 2009.
- Chen Wang; Baoliu Ye; Xiaoliang Wang; Song Guo; Sanglu Lu, Delay and Capacity Analysis in MANETs with Correlated Mobility and f-Cast Relay, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol.25, no.11, pp.2829,2839, Nov. 2014
- Xiaoda Zhang, Zhuzhong Qian, Sheng Zhang, Xiangbo Li, Xiaoliang Wang,?Sanglu Lu, COBRA: Toward Provably Efficient Semi-clairvoyant Scheduling in Data Analytics Systems, INFOCOM 2018
- Yuanwei Lu, Guo Chen, Kun Tan, Layong Luo, Yongqiang Xiong, Xiaoliang Wang and EnHong Chen, One More Queue is Enough: Minimizing Flow Completion Time with Explicit Priority Notification, IEEE INFOCOM 2017
- Haixiang Yang, Xiaoliang Wang, Cam-Tu Nguyen, Sanglu Lu, Conan: Content-aware Access Network Flow Scheduling to Improve QoE of Home Users, SIGCOMM 2016, Poster
- Nai Xia and Xiaoliang Wang, Ultra KSM: A Real Time Main Memory Deduplication Scanner with Two Level Random Sampling, USENIX ATC, June, 2016, Poster (Full paper was accepted by USENIX FAST 2018)
- Guo Chen,Yuanwei Lu,Yuan Meng,Bojie Li,Kun Tan, Dan Pei,Peng Cheng,Layong Luo, Yongqiang Xiong, Xiaoliang Wang, Youjian Zhao, Fast and Cautious: Leveraging Multi-path Diversity for Transport Loss Recovery in Data Centers, USENIX ATC, 22-14 June, 2016
- B. Tang, Xiaoliang Wang, C. T. Nguyen and S. Lu, "Constructing sub-exponentially large optical priority queues with switches and fiber delay lines," 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (IEEE ISIT), Barcelona, 2016, pp. 1441-1445
- Zhuzhong Qian, Kaiyuan Wen, Sheng Zhang, Xiaoliang Wang, Sanglu Lu, Rethinking Transfer Optimization in a Datacenter: Integrating Load Balancing with Multipath Flow Control, IEEE IWQoS 2017, Spain
- An Xie; Xiaoliang Wang; Wei Wang; Sanglu Lu, "Designing a disaster-resilient network with software defined networking," IEEE IWQoS, pp.135,140, 26-27 May 2014
- Xiao Zhang, Xiaoliang Wang, Xiaohong Jiang, Sanglu Lu, Degree of Network Damage: A Measurement for Intensity of Network Damage, 19th IEEE European conference on networks and optical communication (NOC), June 2014. (Invited Paper)
- Haixiang Yang, Xiaoliang Wang, Cam-Tu Nguyen, Sanglu Lu, Optimizing User Experience through Implicit Content-aware Network Service in the Home Environment, GROUP 2018, FL, USA (CCF B)
- Zhang Jianbin, Yixin Sun, Shujian Huang, Xiaoliang Wang, Cam-Tu Nguyen, Xin-Yu Dai, Chen Jiajun, Yang Yu, AGRA: An Analysis-Generation-Ranking Framework for Automatic Abbreviation from Paper Titles, 26th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2017
- Xiaoliang Wang, Toward Building Disaster-Relient Network, IEEE International Cloud Resiliency Workshop, Shenzhen, China, 2016.10.18-2016.10.21 (Panel Speaker)
- Xiaoliang Wang, Fine-grained Human Activity Recognition Using Signal Based Mobile Sensing, AEARU 11th Web Technology and Computer Science Workshop, Sendai, Japan, 2016.07.25-2016.07.28 (Invited Speaker)
- Tan Jiayao, Xiaoliang Wang, Camtu Nguyen, Silent Talk: lip reading through ultrasonic sensing on mobile phones, IEEE INFOCOM 2017
- Senyuan Tan, Xiaoliang Wang, Guido Maier, Wenzhong Li, Riding Quality Evaluation Through Mobile Crowd Sensing, IEEE International conference on pervasive computing and communications (IEEE PerCom), Sydney, Australia, March 14-18, 2016
- Maozhi Tang, Cam-Tu Nguyen, Xiaoliang Wang, Sanglu Lu, An Efficient Walking Safety Service for Distracted Mobile Users, IEEE International conference on mobile ad-hoc and sensor systems (MASS) 2016
- Cam-Tu Nguyen, Xiaoliang Wang, Zhi-Hua Zhou, "Labeling Complicated Objects: Multi-View Multi-Instance Multi-Label Learning", In Proceedings the 28th Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Quebec, Canada, 2014.