I am an associate professor of Computer Science Department at Nanjing University . My research work has mainly focused on the efficiency problems in wireless networks and pervasive systems. It involves both algorithm design and system implementation. My research interests broadly include Pervasive and Mobile Computing, Wireless Communication and Networking, RFID Systems, Smart Phone Systems, Sensor Networks.
To potential students
I am recruiting well motivated and dedicated Ph.D. / master students to do research in above-mentioned areas. Undergraduate students are also encouraged to contact me, to work on related topics.
谢磊、陆桑璐 编著 物联网工程专业系列教材. 北京：科学出版社, 2016. ISBN 978-7-03-049237-1.
Website for RFID Experiments (RFID教材配套实验网站)
Nanjing City Channel: “Nanjing Zero Distance” reported our research project "RFID-based Water Level Morniting". [Video]
· Lei Xie, Xu Dong, Wei Wang, and Dawei Huang. Meta-Activity Recognition: A Wearable Approach for Logic Cognition-based Activity Sensing. In Proceeding of IEEE International Conference INFOCOM 2017.
· YanlingBu, Lei Xie, Jia Liu, Bingbing He, Yinyin Gong, and Sanglu Lu. 3-Dimensional Reconstruction on Tagged Packages via RFID Systems. In Proceeding of IEEE International Conference SECON 2017.
· Yafeng Yin, Lei Xie, Yuanyuan Fan, and Sanglu Lu. Tracking Human Motions in Photographing: A Context Aware Energy-Saving Scheme for Smart Phones. Accepted for publication in ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks.
· Lei Xie, Jianqiang Sun, Qingliang Cai, Chuyu Wang, Jie Wu, and Sanglu Lu. Tell Me What I See: Recognize RFID Tagged Objects in Augmented Reality Systems, In Proceeding of ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp), 2016.
· Chuyu Wang, Lei Xie, Wei Wang, Tao Xue, and Sanglu Lu. Moving Tag Detection via Physical Layer Analysis for Large-Scale RFID Systems. In Proceeding of IEEE International Conference INFOCOM 2016.
· Yafeng Yin, Qun Li, Lei Xie, Shanhe Yi, Edmund Novak, and Sanglu Lu. CamK: a Camera-based Keyboard for Small Mobile Devices. In Proceeding of IEEE International Conference INFOCOM 2016.
· Lei Xie, Qun Li, Chuyu Wang, Xi Chen, and Sanglu Lu. Exploring the Gap between Ideal and Reality: An Experimental Study on Continuous Scanning with Mobile Reader in RFID Systems. IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 2272-2285, Nov. 2015. DOI: 10.1109/TMC.2015.2395426.
· Lei Xie, Hao Han, Qun Li, Jie Wu, and Sanglu Lu. Efficient Protocols for Collecting Histograms in Large-scale RFID Systems. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 2421-2433, Nov. 2015. DOI: 10.1109/TPDS.2014.2357021.
· Yafeng Yin, Lei Xie, Jie Wu, and Sanglu Lu. Focus and Shoot: Exploring Auto-Focus in RFID Tag Identification towards A Specified Area. IEEE Transactions on Computers, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/TC.2015.2435749.
· Wei Wang, Xiaobing Wu, Lei Xie, and Sanglu Lu. Femto-Matching: Efficient Traffic Offloading in Heterogeneous Cellular Networks. Accepted to appear in Proceeding of IEEE International Conference INFOCOM 2015. Acceptance Ratio: 19%.
· Lei Xie, Hao Han, Qun Li, Jie Wu, and Sanglu Lu. Efficiently Collecting Histograms Over RFID Tags. In Proceeding of IEEE International Conference INFOCOM 2014. Acceptance Ratio: 19.4% (320 out of 1645).
· Lei Xie, Yafeng Yin, Athanasios V. Vasilakos, and Sanglu Lu. Managing RFID Data: Challenges, Opportunities and Solutions. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials 2014,16(3):1294 - 1311, DOI: 10.1109/SURV.2014.022614.00143. (Impact Factor: 9.2)
· Lei Xie, Qun Li, Xi Chen, Sanglu Lu, and Daoxu Chen. Continuous Scanning with Mobile Reader in RFID Systems: An Experimental Study. In Proceeding of the 14th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc 2013). Acceptance Ratio: 10% (24 out of 234).
· Yafeng Yin, Lei Xie, Jie Wu, Athanasios V. Vasilakos, Sanglu Lu. Focus and Shoot: Efficient Identification over RFID Tags in the Specified Area. In Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services (MobiQuitous 2013). -Best Paper Award
· Lei Xie, Qun Li, Weizhen Mao, Jie Wu, Daoxu Chen, "Association Control for Vehicular WiFi Access: Pursuing Efficiency and Fairness," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 1323-1331, Jan. 2011, doi:10.1109/TPDS.2011.17.-Spotlight Paper of the issue
· Lei Xie, Bo Sheng, Chiu Tan, Hao Han, Qun Li, Daoxu Chen. Efficient Tag Identification in Mobile RFID Systems. In Proceeding of IEEE International Conference INFOCOM 2010.
· Lei Xie, Qun Li, Weizhen Mao, Jie Wu, Daoxu Chen. Achieving Efficiency and Fairness for Association Control in Vehicular Networks. In Proceeding of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP) 2009.
Award & Honor
Jiangsu Outstanding Ph.D. Thesis Award (2011) (江苏省优秀博士学位论文)
Outstanding Ph.D. Thesis Award in Nanjing University (2011) (南京大学优秀博士学位论文)
Grand Prize of the Third Nantional Competition of Application and Innovation in Internet of Things (2013) (第三届全国大学生物联网创新应用设计大赛团体特等奖)
Best Paper Award of MobiQuitous 2013 (2013) (国际会议MobiQuitous 2013最佳论文奖)
Jiangsu Provincial Advanced Worker in Social Practice (2014) (江苏省省级社会实践先进工作者)
First Prize of the Second National College Competition on Internet of Things (2015) (第二届全国高校物联网应用创新大赛全国总决赛一等奖)
ACM Nanjing Rising Star Award (2015) (ACM南京分会新星奖)
Jiangsu Compter Federation Science and Technology Service Award (2015) (江苏省计算机学会科技服务奖)
Jiangsu Compter Federation Excellent Young Scientist Award (2016) (江苏省计算机学会青年科技奖)
INFOCOM 2016 Best-in-Session Presentation Award (INFOCOM 2016 最佳演讲奖-指导教师)
Grand Prize of the Fourth National College Competition on Internet of Things (2017) (第四届全国高校物联网应用创新大赛全国总决赛特等奖)
Tang Zhongying Young Scholars (2017) (仲英青年学者)
Carrer & Education
University of Geottingen, Germany August 2015
University of Pierre and Marie Curie (University of Paris VI), France Dec 2014
Nanjing University, Nanjing, China Dec 2012 till now
Nanjing University, Nanjing, China Aug 2010 till Dec 2012
Nanjing University, Nanjing, China Sept 2004 till Mar 2010
IBM China Research Lab, Beijing, China Jan 2007 till Aug 2007
Nanjing University, Nanjing, China Sept 2000- July 2004
Last modified: 2017-6-19 by Lei Xie