I am an associate professor (phd supervisor) at Nanjing University.
I am interested in cloud computing, data networking, distributed systems, enterprise and data center networks.
E-mail: waxili (at) nju (dot) edu (dot) cn
Address: CS Building 517, No.163 XianLin Avenue, Jiang Su, Nanjing, 210023, China
.: Short CV
- 2009, Ph.D degree from Graduate School of Information Sciences, Tohoku University, Japan
- 2010, Assistant Professor; 2014, Associate Professor, Nanjing University, Distributed Computing Group
- 2014, Visiting Researcher (微软亚洲研究院“铸星计划”学者), Microsoft Research Asia
- 2019, Consultant (顾问), Network Platform Department, Tencent
- Data Communication (221580) for Undergraduate Students
- Wireless and Mobile Computing for Graduate Students
- Build high performance distributed system to improve the performance of deployed services and applications (我们致力于设计实现系统自动化，可视化，提高系统的稳定性和可扩展性。通过理论与实践相结合，实现智能的端、网、云计算系统。通过与公司（腾讯云，阿里云，华为，国家电网等）的紧密结合，熟悉并解决实用大规模系统的最新趋势和实际问题。)
- Apply domain knowledge (signal, 5G，IoT) and data mining/machine learning methodology to improve the user experience (利用领域知识，包括信号处理，5G，IoT，结合数据挖掘和机器学习技术，提高系统的用户体验。)
.: Selected Publication [Full List]
News** One paper is accpeted by NSDI 2021
** One paper is accepted by INFOCOM 2021
- B. Tang, X. Wang, C. Nguyen, B. Ye and S. Lu, "Construction of Subexponential-Size Optical Priority Queues With Switches and Fiber Delay Lines," in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 336-346, Feb. 2020.
- W. Li, H. Zhang, S. Gao, C. Xue, X. Wang and S. Lu, "SmartCC: A Reinforcement Learning Approach for Multipath TCP Congestion Control in Heterogeneous Networks," in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 2621-2633, Nov. 2019.
- Xiaoliang Wang, Mingzhi Chen and S. Lu, Modeling Geographically Correlated Failures to Assess Network Vulnerability, IEEE Transactions on Communications, 2018.
- Xiaoliang Wang, Xiaohong Jiang and Achille Pattavina, Constructing N-to-N Shared Optical Queue with Switches and Fiber Delay Lines,IEEE Transactions on Information Theory,58(6): 3836-3842 2012.
- Han Zhang, Wenzhong Li, S.H. Gao, Xiaoliang Wang, Baoliu Ye. ReLeS: A Neural Adaptive Multipath Scheduler based on Deep Reinforcement Learning, INFOCOM 2019.
- Haonan Qiu, Xiaoliang Wang, et al. Toward Effective and Fair RDMA Resource Sharing. 2nd Asia-Pacific Workshop on Networking (APNet, 2018). (Best Paper Award)
- Nai Xia, Chen Tian, Yan Luo, Hang Liu, and Xiaoliang Wang. UKSM: Swift Memory Deduplication via Hierarchical and Adaptive Memory Region Distilling. USENIX FAST, 2018.
- Xiaoda Zhang, Zhuzhong Qian, Sheng Zhang, Xiangbo Li, Xiaoliang Wang and Sanglu Lu. COBRA: Toward Provably Efficient Semi-clairvoyant Scheduling in Data Analytics Systems. INFOCOM 2018
- Yuanwei Lu, Guo Chen, Kun Tan, Layong Luo, Yongqiang Xiong, Xiaoliang Wang and EnHong Chen, One More Queue is Enough: Minimizing Flow Completion Time with Explicit Priority Notification, IEEE INFOCOM 2017
- Xiaoliang Wang, Toward Building Disaster-Relient Network, IEEE International Cloud Resiliency Workshop, Shenzhen, China, 2016.10.18-2016.10.21 (Panel Speaker)
- Haixiang Yang, Xiaoliang Wang, Cam-Tu Nguyen, Sanglu Lu, Conan: Content-aware Access Network Flow Scheduling to Improve QoE of Home Users, SIGCOMM 2016, Poster
- Nai Xia and Xiaoliang Wang, Ultra KSM: A Real Time Main Memory Deduplication Scanner with Two Level Random Sampling, USENIX ATC, June, 2016, Poster
- Guo Chen,Yuanwei Lu,Yuan Meng,Bojie Li,Kun Tan, Dan Pei,Peng Cheng,Layong Luo, Yongqiang Xiong, Xiaoliang Wang, Youjian Zhao, Fast and Cautious: Leveraging Multi-path Diversity for Transport Loss Recovery in Data Centers, USENIX ATC, 22-14 June, 2016
- B. Tang, Xiaoliang Wang, C. T. Nguyen and S. Lu, "Constructing sub-exponentially large optical priority queues with switches and fiber delay lines," 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (IEEE ISIT), Barcelona, 2016
- Xiao Zhang, Xiaoliang Wang, Xiaohong Jiang, Sanglu Lu, Degree of Network Damage: A Measurement for Intensity of Network Damage, 19th IEEE European conference on networks and optical communication (NOC), June 2014. (Invited Paper)
- Xiaoliang Wang, X.Jiang, Camtu Nguyen, X. Zhang, Sanglu Lu, “Fast Connection Recovery against Region Failures with Landmark-based Source Routing”, 9th International Conference on Design of Reliable Communication networks (DRCN 2013)，March 4-7，2013. （Invited Lecture）
Mobile Computing and Learning
- Jiayao Tan, Xiaoliang Wang, Cam Tu Nguyen, Yu Shi, SilentKey: An New Authentication Framework through Ultrasonic-based Lip Reading, Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT), 2018, (UBICOMP 2018)
- Haixiang Yang, Xiaoliang Wang, Cam-Tu Nguyen, Sanglu Lu, Optimizing User Experience through Implicit Content-aware Network Service in the Home Environment, GROUP 2018 (CCF B)
- Zhang Jianbin, Yixin Sun, Shujian Huang, Xiaoliang Wang, Cam-Tu Nguyen, Xin-Yu Dai, Chen Jiajun, Yang Yu, AGRA: An Analysis-Generation-Ranking Framework for Automatic Abbreviation from Paper Titles, 26th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2017
- Tan Jiayao, Xiaoliang Wang, Camtu Nguyen, Silent Talk: lip reading through ultrasonic sensing on mobile phones, IEEE INFOCOM 2017
- Xiaoliang Wang, Fine-grained Human Activity Recognition Using Signal Based Mobile Sensing, AEARU 11th Web Technology and Computer Science Workshop, Sendai, Japan, 2016.07.25-2016.07.28 (Invited Speaker)
- Senyuan Tan, Xiaoliang Wang, Guido Maier, Wenzhong Li, Riding Quality Evaluation Through Mobile Crowd Sensing, IEEE International conference on pervasive computing and communications (IEEE PerCom), Sydney, Australia, March 14-18, 2016
- Cam-Tu Nguyen, Xiaoliang Wang, Zhi-Hua Zhou, "Labeling Complicated Objects: Multi-View Multi-Instance Multi-Label Learning", In Proceedings the 28th Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Quebec, Canada, 2014.
.: RecruitmentWe are always searching for educated, experienced and passionate students (both graduate and undergraduate students) to join our team. Please feel free to contact me.